Are you ready for some new journal prompts again? Yes, I did a few blog posts during the summer that offered some prompts, but that kind of came to a halt because, you know, life happens. Sorry about that because I enjoy sharing these prompts with you because they also help me. But let’s start again, shall we?
2020 – Wow!
As we all know 2020 has been very topsy-turvy, right? This year has brought us a little bit of chaos. Whether it’s good or bad, we’ve all experience something in our lives we didn’t see coming. Not to mention the entire world and our country going through various crises, namely the COVID Pandemic. It has changed our world in various ways, and I bet I can say with confidence that the plans and goals you set back in January either changed a little or were completely wiped away during this year. So our journal prompts this week are going to revolve around this:
What would you like to accomplish for the rest of this year?
Some Questions/Ideas To Ponder
We have 2 1/2 months left in the year and wouldn’t it be nice if we could use this time to look for the positive, find things that make us happy and reach for some goals that will finish the year on the upswing? To to help us with this journey answer the following questions over the next week:
- What is one goal or intention you would like to make your primary focus as we approach 2021?
- Some people have mentioned they don’t even want to decorate for the season after the way this year has been. Do you feel this way or are you going to go all out and celebrate?
- Is there one thing you can do during the season that would show yourself is some extreme self-care?
- What is something that you could do that would show others around you – whether they are family or friends – how much they mean to you during this season or, really, every season?
- Name some ways that you can stay organized in your home and work life so you can enjoy the season.
- Do you know of something from your childhood that brought you so much joy that you would love to include it during this season?
- Make a list of fun things that you can do close to home that would be fun and safe during the holiday season as we celebrate, but also stay vigilant about the COVID virus.
How Are You Going To Show Up For The Rest Of The Year?
As I usually say on all the journal prompt blog posts, this list of questions could go on and on, but we will start with these seven – one for each day of the week. Use these questions and your answers as a guide to making the rest of October, November and December the best you can. Times are difficult and chaotic right now, but we can see the positive if we chose to look. It’s all about the choice.
We also make the choice to how the last three months of this year are going to be, as much that is in our control. I encourage you to choose the happy, the bright, the positive. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the results.