Today is special because our journal prompts for the week have to do with self-love. Yes, loving yourself no matter what! For A LOT of people (probably most!), this is hard. Why is it that we can easily love someone else, overlooking their flaws but will find every one of our faults without offering ourselves grace? To help us start on the road to some clarity, let’s write about it!
Actually, putting your thoughts on paper (or on a computer) helps you acknowledge how you treat yourself. Being transparent here, I’m always encouraging others to take a break and rest when things are tough but I can’t seem to stop. Right now, even with a knee injury, I still keep going until today I was told to stay off of it till I see another doctor. So, I reluctantly got my crutches from the closet, have a stool I can sit on while I prep food in the kitchen and will have to rely on my family to help me till we figure out if I have to have surgery or not. This is self-love in action but it’s hard for me to do.
It’s not that I don’t love myself – I do. But I always feel like I have to be productive or doing something. It was how I was raised. But with everything going on right now, especially with the virus, we all need to show ourselves some love. I hope these journal prompts will give you many things to think about and maybe even change the way you see yourself.
- What is your biggest struggle with loving yourself?
- Name one thing you love about your body and why.
- What is something you need to start saying “yes” to?
- What is the most loving thing you have ever done for yourself?
- What is one change you can do to increase your happiness about yourself?
- What things make you feel bad but you find yourself doing them anyway? Quit that!
- What things are you really good at and enjoy doing?
Oh, I could write so many more prompts for this subject but we’ll save them for another day. Each one of these prompts could turn into several pages in your journal! They’re some deep questions so you give yourself time to really delve into each one.
Show yourself some love!!!