Yep, you read that right: 25 days of journal prompts. I could have made this list longer, but these will definitely get you into the holiday spirit.
For a while now, I’ve been posting journal prompts each week, but the other day I thought how it would be nice to give you 25-30 journal prompts at the beginning of each month. That way you could pick which ones you want to write about. You might decide to write every day or take your favorite prompts and write about them for a few days in a row. However, you want to use the prompts you can!
Why I’m Making This Change
This idea came from the fact that I had been following some set rules about my Gratitude Journal. After following what someone else said I should do in order for my journal to be a success, I finally started filling it the way I liked. Now I love how it makes me feel to get out that book each morning and write.
Here Are This Month’s Prompts
Now, since it’s that time of the year, I made a list of ideas to write about involving the holiday season. I hope you like this new idea. Look for twenty – thirty new journal prompts the beginning of each month. They may have a theme or maybe not! Let me know what you think.
Here is the prompt list for this month:
- What winter holidays does your family celebrate? How and why?
- What is your favorite holiday decoration? How does it make you feel?
- What would it be like to work at a toy store during the holiday season? Would you like it?
- What is your favorite holiday movie? How does it make you feel when you watch it?
- What is your favorite holiday decoration(s)? Describe it/them in detail.
- What is the best gift you ever received during the holidays?
- At there any parts of the holidays season that are hard or difficult? If so, how do you handle it?
- What are your favorite holiday treats? Any special reason like maybe a happy memory?
- What is something nice you could do for your family or friends? Why would you choose this particular thing?
- Pretend you are one of Santa’s elves. Describe your day on Christmas Eve.
- Think about last Christmas. How is this year different from last year?
- If everyone could only receive one gift, what would you like it to be?
- What is your favorite holiday book or story? What does it mean to you?
- What do you think Santa would want for Christmas?
- Finish this sentence: This Christmas I hope…….
- Think about a new holiday tradition you could start with your family. What would it be and why?
- You are in charge of the Christmas dinner. Write in detail your meal for the special day.
- What is your favorite holiday recipe? Where did it come from?
- Write a letter to Santa Claus just like you did when you were a child.
- Which family member is the most enthusiastic about Christmas? Why?
- Make a list of all the holiday activities you would like to do this month.
- Have you ever peeked at your presents before Christmas? How did it make you feel?
- What are three holiday wishes you have for this holiday season?
- What do you struggle with during the Christmas season? What’s one thing you can do to show yourself some self-care?
- What does Christmas mean to you?
I hope you enjoy these holiday prompts and they help you fill your journal with joy!