This week is special! We are going to journal about our families. Let’s write about the wonderful to the messy.
It’s All About Family!
When it comes to family, there are so many layers. There are those members that were a super close to, those that we don’t talk to that much, some you rarely see and so much more. All of these people have had an impact in your life and the way you see your world.
As we write about our families this week, the biggest thing is not to censor yourself. If you’re happy, write it down. If you mad as a hornet, write it down too. All feelings are welcome of the pages of your journal so let them flow.
Ready For The Prompts?
Are you ready for some prompts? Please remember your feelings are yours and no one is judging you. This is a great way to record memories or have your own therapy session about how you feel!
- How did your parents influence the person you are now?
- What part of your parents do you see in yourself?
- Do you have siblings? If so, how was your relationships growing up and now? If you’re an only child, how did you feel growing up?
- What family member was the most inspirational for you when you were growing up?
- What is a happy memory about your family that instantly makes you smile?
- Was there a family event that dramatically changed your life?
- Were your grandparents a part of your life and if so how did they influence you?
As with some many other subjects we write about, there are so many more questions that I could post here but I’ll leave it at seven – one for each day of the week. Take your time with these prompts and write all your thoughts. You’ll be glad you did!