Your work or business is a huge part of your life. Do you like what you do? That’s a big question. This past weekend I had the privilege of attending the best business conference ever. I can say this with much confidence because I have been to my share over the years and I walked away with a lot of clarity about what I do.
I went to the Rise Business Conference here in Charleston, SC. It was hosted by Rachel Hollis and her husband, Dave. The speaker lineup was insane! Marie Forleo, Mally Roncal, Brendon Burchard, Ed Mylett, Amy Porterfield and more. These speakers were (are) business giants! I walked away from this event fired up, have a bunch of new friends and with so many ideas that I can’t wait to share them with you once they come to fruition. It affirmed that what I’m doing here – my books, my blog, the journals, sharing my story – everything is what I’m supposed to be doing. I needed the affirmation because this year has been tough in more ways than one.
Here Are The Journal Prompts!
So, I thought it might be interesting to journal this week about our work or careers. Here are a few questions to ponder and write about.
- Do you love what you do for work or business? Why or why not? If you are retired, are you doing the things you said you would once you achieve this point in your life?
- Do you want to rise to a new level in your company or grow your business? Why or why not?
- What is the one thing you love most about what you do for a living?
- If you could change one thing about your work or business so it would make you happier, what would it be? Why or why not?
- At work, is it business suits or casual all the way?
- What is one thing you could do each day to help you feel more inspired about your work?
- Is your work atmosphere quiet and serious or laid back and fun?
It might feel strange writing about your work but it’s a big part of your life. You spend a good portion of your day working so examining it from a few different angles might help clarify the things are just right and those issues that you would like to change. Grab your journal, a pen and write your thoughts!