Yes, I know Christmas hasn’t even come to town yet and I’m asking about your plans for 2020! But the beginning of the New Year – heck a New Decade! – is just a few weeks away.
Need To Plan
You probably still have holiday stuff to do, shopping to finish and events to go to but instead of waiting for New Year’s Eve to think about your goals for 2020, maybe it would be better to start planning them now. In a video recently I said I was going to share information I have found about setting up your year to be great but let’s begin with some journal prompts to get you started.
Here Are The Journal Prompts
- Do you have any goals that you wanted to do this year and you weren’t able to accomplish them? No judgement here, just acknowledgment of where you are.
- Have you ever made a list of all your ideas, goals, dreams, intentions – something I call a “Brain Dump”? This is the perfect way to get started planning out your New Year.
- What goals did you reach this year? Make a “2019 Accomplishments List”.
- What helped you achieve your goals this past year?
- What held you back from reaching your dreams this year?
- For 2019, did you have goals in all categories of your life: health, relationships, social, career, etc.?
- Did you use your planner – paper or digital – to help you stay on track?
Hopefully answering these questions will help with clarity over the next few weeks as you plan out 2020 to be the best year ever!